I walk for health
Walking is an activity that we do everyday. But could it be used as a way to get fit ? Yes it is possible. Walking could be used s a cardio exercise if it is done correctly. The key is to walk at a pace that will get your heart pumping and still allow you to talk.
Here are some ways to sneak in walks on a daily basis:
1. If you drive to work, park your car farther from your job. This will force you to walk farther. Try to park at a location where it would take you at least 30 minutes to get to your car.
2. If you don’t have a car and rely on public transportation, then get off one stop before your stop.
3. If there is a shortcut to a place you frequent, take the long way instead.
Aim to walk 30 to 45 minutes extra five days out of the week . It will help clear your mind and boost your health.
Benefits of walking :
- regular walking have been shown to reduce the risk of stroke and heart disease
- it can reduce your risk of developing type 2 diabetes
- it can tone your legs, butt, arms, and belly.
- It can increase your mental well being
- It can help you maintain your weight
- It can give you energy and much more