Fitness Youtuber to watch – Carib Spice
Please introduce yourself to our readers
- Hi everyone, I am Carib Spice! I am a Caribbean girl who hails from the island of Grenada. I am a wife, a teacher, and health and fitness enthusiast. If I am not in the gym lifting, you will probably find me at home cuddled up with a good book. I consider myself an avid reader. Some other activities I enjoy are dancing, swimming and playing the piano.
How do you incorporate exercise in your life?
- Exercise is part of who I am, and it’s a lifestyle. To me, exercise is as important as sleeping, and eating. It’s simply how my family lives. I have always been active- involved in track and field, and dance especially. I started lifting weights in my early twenties and since then I never looked back. As a teacher, I have to stand and walk around all day. Being fit makes my job a whole lot easier. Due to my fulltime responsibilities, it is most convenient that I work out at 4:30 a.m. on most weekdays or later on at night. Whenever there is bad weather, we continue with our workouts at home. The equipment that I have at home are second-hand and were all purchased from Craigslist. I am sure other people can do the same. I do not skip workouts. Meal prepping is also very essential in my success as well. I meal prep bi-weekly. My husband shares this responsibility as well. It’s simply part of the commitment.
How do you stay motivated to work out?
- Motivation to keep up with working out is intrinsic. Health and fitness has become a huge deal to me. My journey started when I was 108 lbs. I was not impressed with my physique then and decided to take on the challenge of bodybuilding. I was hooked ever since. I successfully bulked to 151 lbs, and now I am cutting for my first body building show. I think it is remarkable the way we can change our body. The changes are what keep me motivated to become a better version of myself.
What can we expect to see on your YouTube channel?
- My YouTube channel is the place to go for motivation on the daily. My workouts are built around routines at the gym, outdoors and at home. There is really no excuse to not get work done. I also share recipes, health tips and ideas. You will see my personality in all of my videos. I occasionally upload VLogs and non-fitness related material. It’s all part of who I am.
Can you share any workout tips for beginners?
- Every beginner should set realistic, and measureable goals. Sometimes many people fail to accomplish their fitness goals because they set unrealistic goals at first. Transformations can take months, even years depending on one’s starting point. It’s important to surround yourself with like-minded people. Like –minded tend to push you and help you succeed. You can also check out my “Exercises for beginners” on my YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy9XPomcnpQluRZWJ-gC2oRiEjsI7QeiW
The Carib Spice